Parashat Vaetchanan / פָּרָשַׁת וָאֶתְחַנַּן
Read on / 16 Av 5782.
Parashat Vaetchanan is the 45th weekly Torah portion in the annual Jewish cycle of Torah reading.
Torah Portion: Deuteronomy 3:23-7:11
Parashat Vaetchanan tells how Moses asked to see the Land of Israel, made arguments to obey the law, recounted setting up the Cities of Refuge, recited the Ten Commandments and the Shema, and gave instructions for the Israelites' conquest of the Land. 
Triennial Year 1
Triennial Year 2
Haftarah: Isaiah 40:1 - 40:26 · 26 p’sukim
Weekday for Shabbat afternoon, Monday & Thursday
Commentary and Divrei Torah
List of DatesParashat Vaetchanan is read in the Diaspora on:
- The Chumash: The Stone Edition (Artscroll Series) (paid link)
- Nosson Scherman, Mesorah Publications, 1993
- A Complete Triennial System for Reading the Torah
- Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly
- "Va'etchanan from Wikipedia" in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia
- Wikimedia Foundation Inc.